Monday, June 15, 2015

Good News Guadalupe!

3 Cheers for Temples!! 

I am so excited right now!! We just receive word that we are able to go to all 3 sessions of the Trujillo Temple dedication AND the cultural event broadcast this Saturday and Sunday!! Hermana Tomanguillo and I have been squealing for the past hour about the news. Hooray for temples and living prophets and apostles!! :D

I always find myself at a loss for words to sum up each week in the mission. This week is the same and I can't describe how great it was. I can't even remember bad things happening, but I know that we as a companionship are striving to do better every day. There are so many miracles and souls we are finding that have been prepared by the Lord. We are currently preparing a woman named Patti, whos mother is a recent convert, for baptism. She has been extremely prepared by the Lord and teaching her is nothing buy joy. She craves the information and I love studying specifically for her. Hermana Tomanguillo and I have made great plans for the area too and we are now starting our plan to work sector by sector day to day. So many exciting things are happening every day!! (:

I thought I would share a one of those cool verses that we forget the reference for. I was reading in Jesus the Christ this morning and was following a footnote about the reign of Saul, David, and Solomon respectively. In reading through Kings, I came upon the verse that talks about Solomon's temple and the original revelation for the baptismal fonts. In the chapter heading it says:

Solomon builds himself a house—Hiram of Tyre makes the two pillars, the molten sea, the ten bases, the ten lavers, and all the vessels for the temple—The molten sea (baptismal font) rests on the backs of twelve oxen.

and in verse 25 it states:

25 It stood upon twelve oxen, three looking toward the north, and three looking toward the west, and three looking toward the south, and three looking toward the east: and the sea was set above upon them, and all their hinder parts were inward.

Cool cool cool. So if you all wanted to read a verse about temples from the Old Testament, I suggest reading about the details for Solomon's temple. 
Gotta jet! Love you all and wishing you a great week (:

Hermana Furness

P.S. Attached is a photo we took on the day of intercambios this week with the Sister Leaders, Hermana Blackburn and Hermana Arenguren (my old comp from Patapo! (: ) OH and our pensionista in the center, happy Olga


No comments:

Post a Comment