Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Come With Me and You'll See

A statue of our lady the Virgin Mary :3
Haha hope you all caught on to my play on words from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. 

So we finally climbed the Virgin Mary hill here in Guadalupe! I attached 2 photos of our adventure this morning. She IS grand--I dont think the photo quite captures how big she is. 

But in more important news, Happy Fathers Day this past Sunday!! I already gave a shout out to my family in another email, but just want to pay tribute to all fathers, father figures, and future fathers out there. The Trujillo temple dedication couldn't have been a more perfect day to think about families and Fathers. I was so filled with the Spirit the entire day that I am still coming off the spiritual high. We are so lucky to have God as our Heavenly Father!! (:

Our investigators are going great! Maybe too great because during weekly planning my companion and I noticed that we are slacking on lessons with members and less active visits. It is so true, what President Williams taught us in the multi zona meeting that passed, that we have to expand our efforts to working intelligently and not just working harder. Finding a way to juggle hundreds of lemons just becomes easier when we start making juice out of it first (:

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

My weekly verse is from the 3rd epistle of John verse 4:
Can you all feel the tender father speaking from this great apostle named John? EVEN the mightiest prophets and apostles and leaders all have their young ones in their mind at all times. John didn't say "I have no greater joy than to listen to Christ speak directly to me in His perfect loving way" nor "I have no greater joy than when I preach with the brethren about His resurrection." John, our beloved apostle, recieves the highest amount and greatest quality of joy when he hears that his children are strong in the gospel. Don't you all think that this is a pretty good verse for Fathers Day? I think so (:

Looks like the time is run out. But I'm sending my love and wishes for a good week to you all! (: 

Love, 
Hermana Furness



No comments:

Post a Comment