Monday, June 1, 2015

He's Waiting For US

Dear family and friends, 

What a great last week that I have had with my dear companion Hermana Mariano. Just yesterday, we said goodbye as she left for Chiclayo and I went to Chepen, where she will leave for her home in Lima and I will stay for a few days until I get my new companion. I just want to pay tribute to her for the amazing companion she was and inspiration her example was to me. The entire rama of Guadalupe will miss her dearly and I am so grateful I had such a prime example of Christ like love, patience, and compassion in my life.

Alright, since time is running short, I will get to gist of it. I read a fantastic verse this morning in my personal study from the second epistle of Paul, chapter 3. Verse 9 reads:

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

This verse just popped out to me! I immediately thought of the times when both I and many investigators sit inpatiently and naively for the Lord to fulfill his promises to us. Some of us do what the missionaries or the prophets tell us to do--we read and we think and we pray about the Book of Mormon, and there are crickets chirping around us. Some of us follow promises that if we endure our sickness our injury, it will heal. Still sick after a few months, years, etc. What this verse said to me is that the Lord isn't SLACKING on His end of the promises He has made to us. Rather, our decisions to refrain from humbling and repenting may be the very thing that is yielding our blessings. He does not let anyone perish without His permission, and he certainly won't take us before our time if we desire to repent. 
I hope this verse speaks to all of you as it has spoken to me! (:

Well, my hour just finished. I've got to go but I love you guys and wish you the best!

Love,
Hermana Furness

P.S. These are photos of me and my fabulous companion in our last week. Love you Hermana Mariano!! (:




No comments:

Post a Comment