Monday, November 23, 2015

Another Short One

This is going to be another short one today! (Sorry everyone!)  But we have great news this week---Huanchaco finallly has a bishop!! Our ward mission leader was called to be our bishop this week and we had to stop ourselves from leaping out of our pews and shouting for joy. I know he's going to be great and our ward will be in great hands. 

Talking to a friend about developing more patience and Christ like attributes this week led me to a scripture that I love. In 1 Nephi, when Nephi was conversing with the angel in the dream and he was interpretating Lehi's vision, the angel asked him a question to which Nephi didn't know the answer. The angel asked: "knowest thou the condescension of God?" to which Nephi replied:

 17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.

I loved what my friend said about this verse. He said that even though we don't always know why things happen in this life or even the small things that happen day to day, we can still know that God loves us and we are His children. Knowing our identity helps us handle the day-to-day trials with more patience and control  and it helps us have a more eternal perspective. Don't forget who you are as they say!

Love,
Herana Furness

No comments:

Post a Comment