Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Lion King Doctrine

Hey all! 

I'm happy to report that this past week I learned so many incredible things. Granted, there were some huge trials, but I have overcome them and learned something more incredible. I actually learned a lot of incredible things, but because of short time and lack of photos (sorry, I was boring and didn't shoot anything 😝), I want to share 2 things I learned from a great helper this week:

1. "The past can still hurt, as Rafiki told Simba, but you can run from it or learn from it." And he could return to the pride land because that was were he was meant to reign as king. We can let our pasts hurt us or learn from them. If we choose to learn from those mistakes we can prepare ourselves to take on the challenges that face us on our return to "The Pride Land" or Celestial Kingdom. :) 

2.  D&C 46:8-9
Wherefore, beware lest ye are deceived; and that ye may not be deceived seek ye earnestly the best gifts, always remembering for what they are given;
 For verily I say unto you, they are given for the benefit of those who love me and keep all my commandments, and him that seeketh so to do; that all may be benefited that seek or that ask of me, that ask and not for a sign that they may consume it upon their lusts.
This verse helped me in my trials this week. I didn't ever feel deceived by anyone--but perhaps by Satan. These spiritual gifts are tools and talents that many have and can FIND in order to more effectively seek the kingdom of God. What bought me was the line in verse 9 that says: "and him that seeketh so to do." We are not able to obey all the commandments perfectly, but there is a division between those who seek to obey the commandments and those who simply don't. I know I am far from being perfect but I know that right now, I TRY and DESIRE to obey all the commandments. And that's all we need to qualify for these spiritual gifts! (:

Yeah. Enough writing. 

Heavenly Father loves you. I love you too! And that love needs to be spread to all. Best of luck to each of you this week!

Love,
Hermana Furness

No comments:

Post a Comment