Monday, April 20, 2015

Dependent on Christ

Dear friends and family,

This week WAS legitimately crazy. I lie not when I say that Friday was the most excrutiating and difficult day in the mission, and possibly my life. But as Alma contrasts his afflictions with his joys, I have never experienced a more real closeness to God. I find the need to run on the Atonement of Jesus Christ as a source of constant energy--I have never seen more weaknesses within myself but have never been more confident in abilities. I feel that I am coming to better understand what having humility and spiritual power means. 

As far as the news from yesterday, Hermana Mariano and I are together for the next 6 weeks! We started it off with a fun Pday and visited a museum that had a mummy and old art from traditional Peru. We decided to snap a few fun shots and I attached 2 of the them. My companion, Hermana Mariano, is from Lima and is a fantastic missionary. Yesterday we held a lesson with a couple who is living together and who`s daughter recently passed away. After Hermana Mariano delivered an incredibly spiritual testimony and lesson about marriage, we invited them to set a date and they readily agreed to it! They both were just passive about the thought of marriage all their lives, and now that they know it can mean salvation or suffering, they felt the Spirit`s prompting to make the effort in being married. We are looking forward to working with them and their family (:

I`m now in Galatians this week, and found a scripture that helped me a lot during the rough times this week (although this is from Corinthians).
From chapter 4 verse 17 we read:


17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

Since I am out of time, I`ll just give that scripture for thought. Have a great week everyone!!

Love,
Hermana Furness


No comments:

Post a Comment