Monday, April 13, 2015

Spiritual Gifts



Dear family and friends,
What a crazy but great week this has been! This past Friday was our Zone Training Meeting AND our interviews with President. I was out 2 days just to rest my foot because some aching in it hasnt gone away for a few weaks, and so our time to work was super limited this week. But within the time we found to work, Hermana Mariano and I have found some great investigators and discovered the power of Family Home Evenings with members! We have a "Noche de Amigos" nearly every day and it has been reaping in tons of references along with added strength for our member workship. 

During our weekly planning, Hermana Mariano and I had our breath taken away at the fact that we only have 1 more week of this transfer. We are pretty sure that we will be together for the next transfer too but you really never know! Our time together has been so great; my Spanish is improving 10 fold to say the least. She has such great strength in working with the rama and a personality that many investigators and members connect with. Our conversations are always enriching and I have learned so much in just 2 weeks! 

I have been reading this week in Corinthians and the number of highlighted verses and phrases in my Bible are tripling. One verse I particularly enjoyed this week is from chapter 14, verse 12 that says:

 12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

As I read and thought about our call to find talents (and not bury them), I pondered on what purpose I was using MY talents. It came to me quite easily that if we desire to have talents and if we are to develop spiritual talents successfully, we cannot endeavor with a purpose to simply havethe talent. We are to edify the church, uplift others, and seek to do good with the talents we have. I hope all of you will seek to strengthen and discover new talents with purpose to serve others this week and in weeks to come. Any talent or righteous desire is attainable to those that allow the Lord to guide them in their pursuit. 

It seems thats all the time I have this week for my email, but I hope everyone is doing well where they are. I also hope we can choose to be happy this week and forgive ourselves of the imperfections we have. Love you all!!

Love,
Hermana Furness

No comments:

Post a Comment