Monday, April 27, 2015

Those Who Inherit

Hey all!

I am bubbling over with excitement about this week! It was so successful for Hermana Mariano and I and we are pumped for another week of work. We really made an effort with our lessons, contacts, and baptism invitations and the fruits of our labors have begun to show! I love my companion and she is serving an excellent last transfer of her mission. 

We found an awesome girl yesterday named Fatima. Hermana Mariano and her previous companion had excellent progress with her but a tragedy happened to her brother I believe, and she opted out of baptism. We met with her for my first time yesterday, and I felt the Spirit work through me so strongly although I didnt understand why. We conversed super smoothly and I talked to her as if she was already a member. It brought such a distinct spirit in and she listened intently to all that we said in the lesson. At the end, herself and her mom, Esperanza, showed great faith and trust in us and broke down with their feelings about their difficulties. We hadnt even prompted them or asked them about it--it just came naturally from the spirit`s strength in the visit. We are super excited to visit them and we believe Hermana Fatima will be ready to be baptized soon!

This week I finished up Galatians and thought I would share from chapter 4 verses 4 through 7:

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Sonmade of womanmade under the law,
 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
 Wherefore thou art no more servantbut sonand if son, then an heir of God through Christ.
I was so hit by the thought of "adoption into the family of God and Jesus Christ." Previously, Paul had been discussing the heritance of Gentile and Jew; though many Jews believed that Gentile would NOT receive the kingdom of God, Paul clarifies that it is those who FOLLOW Christ and LIVE His law with faith in Him that will inherit the kingdom of God. I mulled this over for awhile and came to thinking that regardless of blood of Gentile or Jew, all are subject to the law and only the livers of the law can be the children who inherit the Law Maker`s fortune. Those who choose to live in sin and live outside of the law will only come to find that THEY will be the servants of the celestial. 

I hope all of us can LIVE to receive the inheritance our Heavenly Father has in store for us. We simply cannot receive blessings and promises of a law we dont obey. When we are frustrated with the results of events in our lives, we must always review our discipline and intentions to TRULY live the laws God has laid before us. 

I`m out of time for this week, but I thank all of you for your support and words of encouragment. I can say that I know the power writing missionaries really brings to us that are in the field and I hope our words can encourage all of you that serve in different pastures. Stay safe everyone and love you all!

Love,
Hermana Furness



p.s. found a motorcycle with baby Jesus hailing the front. We also took a district photo of us in Guadalupe. Enjoy! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment