Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Team Work

Dear friends and family, 

This week was filled with so many miracles, blessings, spiritual moments, and fun! My companion and I were swimming up to our eyes with work and this week flew because of it. Our number 1 focus was getting the fundraiser/activity underway for one of the less actives we are visiting. We helped her make and sell pudding and the rama here in Guadalupe was incredible in support. SO many members helped out and bought pudding and the young single adult girls accompanied us to sell and distribute the pudding. The less active, Claudia, was so grateful for all our help and she is coming to church faithfully because of the love she has felt. It was such a testimony this week of the miracles and conversions that can happen when both missionaries and members work together. 

We are working towards the baptism of an investigator named Fatima for this week. I felt so overwhelmed in preparing her but sacrament meeting completely erased my worries and fear this Sunday. I have been studying in Hebrews and one of the verses that stuck out to me is from chapter 6, verses 17 and 18:

 17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel,confirmed it by an oath:
 18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us
This verse, and the love I felt from Heavenly Father as the sacrament was being passed, filled me with the Spirit and inspiration. I knew that our endeavour in preparing Fatima was the looks of a mountain that is insurmountable. But I knew in this moment that God could not lie, and would promise me his aid if I work diligently to help Fatima. I fled to the refuge of hope and found my faith waiting to give me the courage that these things CAN happen. I feel so blessed to be a daughter of the King who promises us happiness and gives us hope. 

Love you all, and I gotta jet.
Hermana Furness

P.S. picture 1-district meeting photo after Elder Hawkins jumped over and grazed our heads
picture
 2-my happy 8 months celebratory decoration from my companion, Hna. Mariano (:
 3-celebrating a milestone for Hna. Mariano



No comments:

Post a Comment