Monday, October 19, 2015

Guess who's expecting?

Hey all! 

Seems that my turn has come to be called as a trainer!! I am going to receive my first "hijita" tomorrow while my dear companion, Hna. Bronson, will leave to her second area in Cajamarca. It has been an incredible 12 weeks with her and I have learned so much about the pure and forgiving love of Christ from her. I don't know if I have met a missionary quite as talented and hilarious as her either. I love you Hna. Bronson!

On Saturday, we had the baptism of Frances in the Primavera chapel at 5:00! The experience was very spiritual for her and she couldn't contain her smile (: I attached a picture of us this day and one of us with the ward council on sunday. We have another baptism planned for this Saturday and we're hoping to get the ward even more involved! 

We had a multi-zone meeting with Elder Calderon from the 70 this week too! What a crazy spiritual feast that was. My mind was blown and my heart changed!! He is a spiritual POWERHOUSE. Of the infinite things he taught us, one that stuck with me more than anything else was his concept to change us from just teaching the investigators to feeling is to get them thinking as well. The Spirit IS the key to conversion, but the investigators must consciously recognize that it is the spirit and understand what feeling his influence means. If not, it becomes a series of good feelings that aren't connecting to good behavior. Doesn't that make it so much more true when the Lord says:

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them
                                                                                                                           Hebrews 10:16

The heart, mind, body, and spirit are ALL connected. And the spirit speaks to each one of these faculties, who need tender love and care. I aspire to improve my teaching ability by seeking out how I might help the investigator THINK and FEEL the message we have to share. And I challenge everyone to incorporate, if not combine, their scholastic worlds with their spiritual worlds! Because for God, they are one and the same.


Love,
Hermana Furness

P.S. Around Christmastime, although I'm not sure what day exactly, we will be having a LIVE broadcast of the mission Christmas program in the Plaza de Armas in Trujillo. It's apparently a huge event that brings an enormous crowd and thought I'd give the heads up to those at home to keep an eye out for the broadcast in December. Anyways, love you guys and write you soon! (:



No comments:

Post a Comment