Monday, October 5, 2015

GC VIBE!

Are you all on that GC vibe still? I am FLOATING cloud 9 for these past 2 days. General Conference was perfect and I am so happy to be a witness of such a historic event with watching 3 new apostles presented in one conference. There are a lot of things I loved from each talk, and I feel like the invitations to act have made me take away something more from this year's session. Have you all begun to ponderize?? (:

Our week was a whole lot better than the previous one. These spiritual boosters have definitely helped and I hope to use my notes from them to live a lot better. I have been focusing this week on being strong even when everyone else is weak,and have found out how hard it is to be strong alone. Thankfully, I have a great companion that supports me and I don't have difficulties supporting her decisions. We both are striving to improve on how diligent we are and how we can help solve life problems even though we're just young kids without doctorates or degrees. Did I spell those right?? (:

So anyway. I LOVED a verse that President Marler shared with us in our multi zone conference this week. It was a verse about Enoch and how he felt insecure for his disability to speak or publish the peace:

31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?


If there was a verse that could describe how confident I usually feel in being a missionary, this would be it. I in NO way feel qualified or talented or exemplary enough to meet what is required in the shoes of a missionary. This is the most SACRED work I have ever done in my life. I only seem to become more and more aware of how I can never meet every expectation. But the Lord didn't worry about choosing Enoch--His focus was on qualifying. On the other side, Enoch was worried about qualifying himself and not choosing to trust in the Lord. (but just in this moment) (: I am learning that the Lord asks me to forget myself and stop worrying about what I lack. I will ALWAYS lack something. He asks me to make the choice to trust Him and He will do the work. It's HIS work, HIS strength, HIS spirit, HIS gospel, HIS power and are HIS hands. Nothing more. WE basically just get to watch it all happen. How blessed we are to be front row to that kind of glorious work. 

That's all for now (: Enjoy your week everyone and choose to be happy. Stop making excuses by saying "it's not that easy." Happiness IS a choice. So let's choose the right! (:

Love,
Hermana Furness


No comments:

Post a Comment