Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Temple Trip!

I attached a photo today of our trip to the temple as Zona Primavera and Zona Central. The other is of the charla fogonera (fireside) we had on Sunday with my companion and the sisters from Primavera. Both of those experiences were spiritual highlights and I can't BELIEVE how much revelation I received. There were so many things I learned and the Spirit I felt was incredible. I am having some fantastic experiences and Sister Alvarenga and I are growing closer every day. This week we have some more meetings and best of all.......GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! Are you all ready?? I love what my companion is doing and we've both created a list of questions to things we want answers to--things both temporal and spiritual. I invited everyone to write up a quick list of things you are searching an answer to and dare you--not challenge, but DARE you--to put your faith in the apostles and prophets of the Lord to see if they don't answer them. The Lord is providing answers and direction 24/7 and we just need to tune into His channel to hear it! I testify that Heavenly Father does NOT wait until the moment when we don't know what else to do and are in a crisis to help us know where to go/what to do. He can give us constant direction and help if we turn our will over to His-the very thing which provides a deeper joy and richer purpose. 

I came across a verse that I really love this week. It's found in Hebrews 5 in the New Testament in verses 12 to 14:

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
 13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
 14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age,even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

When I read the verse I wondered if I should be "drinking milk" or if I was mature enough to eat "strong meat." I think I overestimate the amount of doctrine I should learn sometimes before getting down the milk. The curiosity and thirst for heavenly doctrine might sound the most appealing but it won't do us good if our stomach (spirit) can't handle it. The key for me in these verses is in verse 14 that speaks of those that "have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." That is one of the hardest things for me to master--discerning the good and evil easily. I learned a lot in the temple today and admire that Adam and Eve were such faithful examples. They easily recognized Satan and understood what special blessings the Lord had given them. I desire to follow their examples and understand what comes from the Lord and what comes from below. For this reason I'm commiting to frequenting the temple and continuing to observe the Sabbath to maintain the ability to detect evil from righteousness strong. The prophets have warned us that it will be harder to do such things in these days when there are many who "call evil good, and good evil; that
put 
darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20). May the Lord bless each of us this week to find the subtle evils that can enter into our spheres if we lay our guards down for a moment. I wish you all the best week; talk to you soon!

With love,
Hermana Furness



No comments:

Post a Comment