Tuesday, January 20, 2015

How long have I been here?

Am I really almost done with my training? These weeks are flying by and I can feel my time in Patapo starting to slip out of my hands. The beginnings of conversations about me leaving Patapo have started to arise with the members I have become close to here. We are all crossing our fingers that I can have 1 or 2 more transfers here before the water works come :( 

But on the other hand, I am loving what I am doing. I still cant believe how much growing there is to be done and how much growth I get every week. There is always so much good to think about despite the hardships. This week, unfortunately, I was sick again. We think that a flu is going around because many people are receiving the same thing. It was just a few time vomiting and a lot of stomach pains. But everything is good now and we should be back on track to our regular schedule (: 

Also, to catch up on photos, I am just going to start sending from pictures from these weeks. My time during the CCM will have to be celebrated one day when I get home (: 

To answer mom's fruit question--yes! There are many different fruits and fruit types here. There are 40 different potato types alone if that doesnt provide a field of variety (haha get it ;) ) but there are SO many good fruits. Hermana Rosana, our pensionista, makes pies and drinks out of the different fruits. They all taste so delicious and I wish I could bring so many of them home. At the end of my mission I hope to bring home a jar of a fruit flavoring to still make the "pay de chirimoya" that Hermana Rosanna makes. Count your lucky stars mom! (:

Since I am out of time, I will have to cut this short.t (: I am starting to find out that posting things on blogs, worrying about getting all my pictures to you doesn't matter in the long run. It really boils down to a living, breathing, and healthy family that can enjoy the love that they have with each other and the possibility to give that same love to others in the world. 


Love,
Hermana Furness

No comments:

Post a Comment