Monday, February 16, 2015

All things ARE possible

Dear friends, family, strangers, all,

My cold is OVER! Sunny days are here again. Well, they are here all the time but I am just not hack coughing and sniffing all the time (: 
This week I completed the book of Mark and tomorrow I am starting into Luke (woooo!!). In chapter 9 of Luke, I loved the story of the man with the posessed son that asked Christ to cast out the devil from him. In verses 23 and 24 we read--

23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
In footnote a for verse 24 we read that unbelief is found under the topical guide as "doubt." Right beside this I wrote a long time ago "what lack I?" and it really got me thinking. Sometimes I feel that I have faith in the Lord but doubt my own abilities. I realized that maybe the man with the posessed son said "Lord, I believe" (that you can heal this boy) but also said "help thou mine unbelief" because he wanted to SEE the difference. When we of little faith ask the Lord, "help thou mine unbelief" we should press forward with a "perfect brightness of hope" (2 Nephi 31:20) and show actions that follow. Then we will SEE the difference of our faith and action coupled with the Lord´s power. 

That is all I have time for this week, but I hope you all have happy days filled with miracles!

Love,
Hermana Furness

P.S. The little pastry thing is called a pakuelo and they are my faaaavorite. Go buy one if you are in Peru. 

The little spider is the demon we caught in our room. Using faith and bugspray to cast out these demons in our cuarto! haha (: 




No comments:

Post a Comment