Monday, February 9, 2015

Where´s My Laundry Again?



Dear Friends and Family,
Wow! A whole 10 minutes to write my group email again. BUT I have a promising chiste from my New Testament reading this week and a picture. Progress right?
This week was FANTASTIC. Seriously. I am blown away at how blessed Hermana Dodson and I have been and I find myself trying to find opportunities to be humbled. This week, the lady who does our laundry hasnt brought our stuff from last week to us, and so I have resorted to using my ankle socks with my shoes haha. PLUS my contacts were irritating me and so I used my glasses and what do you know? A transformation to looking like the coolest gringa in the neighborhood. Hermana Dodson and I laughed about it though and we have fun with it. 

But on a more scripture driven note-

I was reading in Matt 12 this week and found a scripture that made me laugh and think at the same time. I never had a problem with working on Sundays as missionaries, but I didnt quite understand why we do it. I was reading this chapter and when I read verse 11 and 12:

11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
 12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
I thought about how funny it was to imagine a shephard be too prideful and see a fallen sheep in a pit saying "nah. Its Sunday. Cant lift you out bud. Suerte!" And how looking at working on Sunday as a missionary (as a bad thing) is the same! Are we too prideful that we cant "do well on the sabbath day?" Must we abandon the fallen sheep in the pits because we have to rest ourselves? I say nay. Or "bah." ;) We help people and do good 24/7 because crime and sin never rest. We are always looking to serve others ESPECIALLY when it is inconvenient or we want to rest. Just thought I would share that with yall (:

Love you all and I hope your parts of the world are especially cheery! I love being here and cant wait for the adventures of this week. Take care!

Love,
Hermana Furness

No comments:

Post a Comment