Monday, February 9, 2015

Multi-Zone Meetings and Matthew

Dear Friends and Family,
PLEASE stay healthy missionary friends. Right now I have come down with the gripe and nothing is worse for people who talk all day than a voice that sounds like youre a chain smoker. But aside from my raspy voice and congested nose, all is well with me and I am falling more and more in love with Patapo. Yesterday I was talking to Hermana Shirley in our ward and she asked me how I felt about transfers. I said that I think this will be my last one here and so I am looking forward to making the most out of my time here the next three weeks. I feel a multitude of blessings from God for the convert potentials and fantastic lessons we have been having. The women in the ward sacrifice nearly all their time to work with us and I dont know what it will be like to move to another area with a different support system. But I can testify that even the hardest of wards and people can be changed with the patience, long-suffering, and continuous showing of charity towards them. 

We had a multi zone meeting this week and it was WAY powerful. We truly have an inspired mission president and I am so happy to have a refreshed perspective on repentance--that we are to take up our cross daily and follow the Savior. The pic I have attached is of me, Hermana Dodson, her old companion Hermana Corona, and Hermana Coronoa's trainee Hermana Wood. They are all such wonderful sisters!! OH and I had McDonalds for the first time in months at the multi-zone meeting. Weird!

This week, I read a fantastic verse in Matthew. I am seriously enchanted with the New Testament. This verse is in chapter 16 and is verse 26 of Matthew:

"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

In teaching people to sacrifice all their habits and a lot of their time for us, I feel that this verse can help let us release those things in our life that blur out the clarity of heaven. I have told people in lessons quite often that all we can take with us after this life is our knowledge and, if we have covenanted and kept our covenants, our family. Work, cooking meals, going to the beach, and a whole other list of things seem to occupy the minds of the people--when we can enjoy those things so much more when our conscience is at ease from taking care of what the Lord has asked us to do first. I hope that this week, we can all ask ourselves, "what will we give in exchange for our soul?" and apply the conclusions we have come to. I wish you all a merry week and a spelndous Monday. Ciao for now!

Love,
Hermana Furness
P.S. Hermana Fairchild--I love you so much and have been praying endlessly for you!! Turn to the Lord in all your sorrows and worries and He will never leave you comfortless (: You are so strong and brave and have the support of your CCM family forever!! Take care and peace to your soul ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment