Monday, February 23, 2015

Really?? 5 Months??



Has it really been 5 months everyone?? It feels like I was packing for my mission just yesterday. I can't believe that time has gone by so quickly here although I feel that I have learned loads. This week was fantastic and we have a new mission leader, Hermana Nelson. Seriously, before he was even set apart yesterday, he got crackin' to work demanding the hours of all the members to come visiting with us. Ward Council was like sitting in with apostles because it was so spiritual.



I finally grabbed some pictures from Hermana Dodson from awhile back. The one is of me eating cuy for the first time (guinea pig), another of 2 of the kids of one of our investigators, Wilmer, (arent they adorable??) :), another of Elder Encalada, me, Hermana Dodson, and Elder Dagley the day that Elder Dagley had cambios, and the ultimate photo of me and Hermana Dodson with 2 kids we are also teaching, Enmanuel and Maria Jose. Such beautiful souls and hearts that surround us in Patapo!




















This week I was reading in Luke 6 when I stumbled upon verse 35 that says:

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lendhoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be thechildren of the Highest: for HE is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

It really hit me hard that when we lend, give, serve, and do good, we should NEVER expect the good to be returned. Quite naturally, good seems to follow us whenever we give it, but we cant expect life or the world to be fair when we are kind to it. How many times has everyone repayed exactly the amount of love God has given us? He SHOWERS His love and His blessings upon us everyday and we cant give back a portion of what we receive. The Atonement was the greatest expression of love I have heard, and if we are to suffer a bit to help another, how much do we suffer each day? I just love this verse and it helps me remember that as missionaries, we must do good without expectations for blessings at all let alone the blessings we WANT. 

I encourage you all to read the scriptures and holy script that we are blessed with in the church. There is so much divine revelation to be found and countless direction to be given. I hope that you are all safe and happy and that you are all learning to have a little bit more hope in your days, yourselves, and your Savior. God bless you all this following week! (:

Love,
Hermana Furness





No comments:

Post a Comment