Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy Happy Happy

Dear family and friends, 


I think I am just going a little overboard on happiness right now. It is seriously the most unexplainable thing but I suddenly had a wave of happiness come over me and can't think straight about all the things I had buzzing on in my mind to share. We worked really hard in helping less actives this week and had a ton of them come to church. We are booting up as well for interviews with President and Sister Marler this Wednesday, as well as a Leader Training Meeting for the ward missionaries and leaders to better know the lessons. Our ward mission leader has lined up the ward missionaries to teach the recent converts, which is a GREAT help to us in the work. I haven't seen such support before and it is a huge contribution to helping shift the work to half and half with the members. Wahoo! (:

So in preparing for a talk I gave Sunday, I found a lot of great verses on missionary work. I especially felt drawn to one in the first section of Doctrine and Covenants:

 18 And also gave commandments to others, that they should proclaim these things unto the world; and all this that it might be fulfilled, which was written by the prophets—
 19 The weak things of the world shall come forth and break down the mighty and strong ones, that man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh—
 20 But that every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world;
 21 That faith also might increase in the earth;
 22 That mine everlasting covenant might be established;
 23 That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers.
 24 Behold, I am God and have spoken it; these commandments are of me, and were given unto my servants in their weakness, after the manner of their language, that they might come to understanding.

Sorry for the huge section of verses, but I feel drawn to this because I relate to being the simple and the weak that share the gospel. Although I have come to a mission and might be trying to fill gigantic shoes, my abilities are far from those whom are spiritual giants. But part of being the weak and simple is fortifying our testimonies and the testimonies of others through Christ. Heavenly Father is calling ALL people--and it is a COMMANDMENT of all who have covenanted with Him in baptism--to share the gospel and bear testimony. The only difference between members and missionaries is the time allotted to share the gospel. So as I said in my family e-mail, if you're feeling down this week, go share your testimony and give service for a quick fix to happiness! (:

Love you all and enjoy the stellar pic of a llama my companion drew. CHEVERE!

Hermana Furness





No comments:

Post a Comment