Monday, August 3, 2015

Temple Revelation

What an AMAZING experience to go through the temple. I am still so happy from visiting the Trujillo temple this last friday (: I tried to prepare myself for the experience and entered with a few questions in mind that I wanted to take to the Lord. One of them was a desire to know if the Book of Mormon is true. I know it is true, and I have been preaching to everyone I know that it is. But I wanted a new testimony. So when I entered the celestial room, I sat down and read 3 Nephi 11, as it is the key chapter of all of the sacred text. I just cried and read and felt God confirm that this book was true. When I read it, I felt such an emphatic emotion for what the Nephites saw when Christ came here. I read it as though I was seeing what they saw and felt what they felt. It was so real and I knew that Nephi wrote down those things as he saw them, not as they had been imagined. 

Our work this week proved to be succesful in our plans for the next week. At church, we had several members ASK us if they could accompany us and they seem geared up on sharing their testimonies with the investigators. I am so happy about working here in Huanchaco and even the cold weather isn't dampening my spirits.

I don't have a whole lot of time to share from my studies this week, but a little preview to the next e-mail--I plan on obsessing on and studying every day about patience, one of the attributes of Christ. I hope to share something really good next week from my finds. 

Have a happy Monday, everyone! (:

Love,
Sister Furness


No comments:

Post a Comment