Monday, December 1, 2014

Insectos en toooodos lados

Monday, December 1, 2014

Greetings family and friends!

Another week down in my mission in Pátapo, Peru and things are going swell. Hermana Hawks and I are prospering in our companionship and our investigators are progressing in this area we have opened up. I have so much to write and so little time so here are some little sweet moments from this week. 

First of all, Spanish can be frustrating. I came to terms with it a few weeks ago but sometimes it can still be frustrating. This week, however, I learned something beautiful about this language. This might actually be really cheesy but it was a nice spritual moment for me haha--My comp and I were walking down one of the calles here in Patapo and I looked up at the sky to a beautiful sunset. The clouds were the perfect amount of fluff and pink, purple, and orange painted the sky. I asked what the word for sky was and learned that "cielo" means sky. As I continued, I realized that los cielos means heaven, and I thought it was just beautiful that for a language that I cant describe everything I want to, the sky and the heavens are all the same because they are Gods. Just a sweet moment. 

ALSO.

I love the definition of Charity from the Bible dictionary. "The highest, noblest, strongest kind of love, not merely affection; the pure love of Christ." Just beautiful. I dont have any more time but just ponder that everyone!! I am loving my mission and hope all is well wherever you may be.

Sincerely,

Hermana Furness



No comments:

Post a Comment