Monday, December 1, 2014

Sigh of Relief

Monday, November 24, 2014

Ok. Sigh of relief this week. Things are getting settled in finally and I think Ive just about caught up to the 3 week old emails that are haunting my inbox. Pictures are a seemingly daunting task to upload but I should be able to write my group email more efficiently from now on. 

First off, APOLOGIES! I feel so terrible about adding my own district emails to my last so late and my apologies for not writing my group email last week. Things have been CRAZY everytime our internet hour rolls around but I love having the opportunity to share a spiritual insight with such a large collection of people.

This week has been exponentially successful. My 2nd week in the field was beyond rough with stomach pains, language barriers, and fighting thoughts about home constantly. This week, however has been much better and I adore the field. Im more accustomed to mission life and Im starting to find my feel around. Time is short today so this might be cut short. 

I just want you all to read D&C 6 verses 32 through 34. (especially district 114)!! Because that perfectly describes mission life. I will share them here:

32 Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as touching onething, behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you.
33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
What comfort to hear "fear not, little flock; do good" I just think those words are so poetic. We are going around in pairs of 2, touching the lives of our investigators and inviting the spirit to be amongst us. What a privilege it is to be in the field and respresent our lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 
I hope all of you are doing well and thank you for having patience with my emails!! Do well and stay strong in the field, home, or wherever life takes you. 
God bless!!
Love,
Hermana Furness






No comments:

Post a Comment