Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cambios

Dear folks and friends,
It is a bit sad to write today knowing my dear companion Hermana Dodson will be transferring tomorrow. We were completely surprised to find out that I will be staying in my first area for another 6 weeks and she will be moving to another area. I´m happy that I´ll be here for Jose´s baptism this coming Saturday--Hermana Dodson is a bit sad she is missing it by a sliver of days.

This week has been terrific although we were out from working for quite a bit. The picture I attached is of me in front of the Lima temple on Tuesday while I was there for my lost passport. We didnt get to do a session or anything, but I was thrilled to visit the temple store with Hermana Ortiz who accompanied me on the trip. 

We also had our Zone Training Meeting this week in which I snuck a rockin selfie of all of us. I learned some great things about baptism preparation in the meeting that I hope to apply to Jose in his preparation. I feel quite a bit of pressure in preparing him for his baptism and also with a new companion awaiting me tomorrow. Accepting the Lord´s will has been nothing but sweet however, and learning to trust in him has eliminated any doubts that I have. 

I am now reading in The Acts, which is completely wonderful as you testified, Elder Sands. There really is an amazing amount of organization that existed in the days of the Apostles that exists today. I am blown away and it is such a testament that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 
I forgot my Bible today, but I remember a verse I liked in John this week. I found a verse about Philip in John 14, verse 9 that includes:

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?

I reflected on that to think about "how long" we have been with the Savior that we start to forget Him. I am sure that the mission field can foster an "accustomed" feeling of the Savior and the Spirit´s presence in our lives, and that working to be nourished by the Spirit is a daily challenge. I hope that all of us can work to not only BE with the Savior by obeying His laws but rather, KNOW Him by acting in accordance to His life. Our perfect example desires for us to accept and utilize the gift that he has given as an investment to us--this gift is the Atonement, and through using this gift we may truly know Him. 

I wish you all the best this week and continue to pray for your safety and happiness. Wherever we are in the world, the Savior's love shines in the darkest of times and is continually poured out upon us in our love towards Him. 

Love you all and best of wishes!
Hermana Furness


No comments:

Post a Comment