Monday, March 16, 2015

First Timers

Wooooo!! How are you all??
What a great week!! We had our first baptism of our brother José Sandoval Sales, and he gave the greatest testimony about the love he feels in being welcomed in to his celestial family. I was so happy the day of his baptism, because I truly felt he has converted his heart to the Lord. This past Sunday, after his confirmation, he talked about his desire to share the gospel with his family, friends, and acquaintences, and now we have a huge list of references from him! He also wants to accompany the elders on visits. I couldnt be more proud of him and we are striving to feed him all the scripture, church manuals, and material we can provide him!
I also began these 6 weeks with my first latina companion Hermana Arenguren! She is from Ecuador and has 8 months in the mission. She is a fun time and loves to tell jokes. But with her fun side, she has a POWERFUL testimony and talent of inviting the Spirit. We plan to make milkshakes today. 0.0
As per usual, I found a countless number of inspiring scriptures this week as I read in Acts. Today I feel drawn to sharing from chapter 5, verses 41 and 42:


41 ¶And they departed from the presence of the council,rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
 42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
How beautiful, no? I didn´t feel any profound insights behind this, but it was such an inspiration and motivation for me to put my hardships in perspective. I have yet to experience more persecution than people saying they dont have time to listen, but when I feel that times are getting rough, I am thankful that such examples as Peter and James have withstood their trials to provide me hope within mine. We are asked to preach and invite ALL to come to Christ, companions, ward members, investigators, less actives, and any one in between. To be so steady and so sure of the eternal perspective that we REJOICE in our sufferings? I would say that THAT is finding happiness on earth. I hope all of you are enduring through the hard times that you are facing and keeping these small moments of suffering in perspective. Don´t ever let the adversary trick you into making regretful choices that only aleviate the struggles for a moment. We have Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ, to help us along the way and give us an alleviation of pain for eternity. 
I love you all dearly and wish you another great week. Keep on keepin on!
Love,
Hermana Furness

P.S. attached is a photo of the artistic skills I whipped out for the baptism of José and the other of all of us that helped in the process of bringing him back to the fold. (with exception of Hermana Dodson :´( ) Have a happy monday everyone! (:



No comments:

Post a Comment