Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Monday, December 21, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAASSS!

(:

¡FELIZ navidad a TODOS! Can't believe the end of the year is already here 0.0 And I am super excited for all the happiness that's being spread around. Our Christmas program in the plaza de armas was a big success and lots of people came! I even ran into my old compy Hna. Bronson!! It was the BEST to get back together with her and Mama Angela and her family afterwards. I feel absolutely spoiled!

In news about the work though, this week we finished teaching all the lessons to our investigator Irma Lavendar. She has had trouble making the decision to be baptized in the past, even passing her interview and then backing out the very day of the baptism. But we have focused our best efforts on helping her understand the necessity of personal prayer and we prayed with her in our last lesson to ask if the church is true again. She felt more prepared to receive an answer and the image of the temple came to her mind. She asked if the temple belonged to our church to which we said yes! We will be focusing our visits with her before Saturday on building her faith and putting out the fear. This is the happiest holiday ever! (:

The scripture I have this week comes from Mosiah. I have been reading about King Noah and Abinadi and I love what Abinadi said in verse 27:

 27 Ye have not applied your hearts to understanding; therefore, ye have not been wise. Therefore, what teach ye this people?

This verse made me think about the ponderizing challenge. When I came to the mission I finally understood the deeper part of what knowing the gospel and living it really means. The verse from 2  Timothy 3:7 runs thru my mind every now and then and this section of Mosiah reminded of it again. What will a piece of knowledge benefit us if we don't apply it to our lives? I appreciate the words of Abinadi and his comprehension of applying our hearts to understand. Be smart, but more importantly, BE WISE!!


Have a great holiday everyone! May all of us act as WISEMEN in constantly seeking out the Savior. 

Love,
Hermana Furness 



No comments:

Post a Comment