Monday, January 25, 2016

20 kind of week

So the way that the educational system grades things here in Peru is based on 20 points. So scoring a 20 is the A+ 100% equivalent in the states. This week was a 20 for sure!! We had so many incredible experiences--including an intercambio with the hermanas from the area of the stake center, Primavera. We also attended had.....A BAPTISM!! Hno. Efraín (in the attached photo with his wife Vanessa and son Fabricio), was baptized on the 23rd and confirmed during sacrament meeting on the 24th. He was SO prepared to be baptized and I feel that he is 100% converted to the gospel. We are working to help him get ready for the temple to do baptisms for the dead and prepare to be sealed in the temple in 1 year with Vanessa (who was rescued just recently and is stronger than ever!!) (: (: (: It was the best baptism I have ever attended and we sang Nearer My God to Thee as a companionship.
Adding on to that, Hna. Smith is the BEST ever. She is consecrated to this work and is an amazing Christ-like teacher. Not to mention, we have a hoot laughing and having fun together on our down time in the cuarto. She loves the south and has an amazing family that has raised her in a gospel filled home. Love being with this girl!! (:

I was reading in Alma 5 this morning and came across a verse that I love and have heard before:

26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?

When I feel close to God, that's what it's like. I feel like singing or bursting from within but know that there's no way to adequately express myself. It's the biggest inner peace but the most fiery joy and excitement ever. The only way I can feel to express it is being the kindest I can be to everyone around me. I feel such joy that I just want to cheer up all in my path and rejoice together for how good life is. I can understand why feeling the Spirit and becoming converted makes us want to share the gospel. I hope to continually be converted and share the gospel all my life!

Have a fantastic week all! Let the Lord hear your song of how His love makes you feel! 

Love,
Hermana Furness


No comments:

Post a Comment